What is Intravenous (IV) Sedation?
IV sedation is a form of sedation where the Nurse Anesthetist administers the sedative drugs intravenously. You will be monitored the entire time by trained professionals. This sedation allows a longer visit to get more dental work done. This Conscious sedation is a great option for patients who have compromised medical histories or who are severe gaggers. With IV sedation, you will have little to no memory of the visit.
Am I in need of IV sedation?
If you have an extreme fear of the dentist, get goosebumps just thinking about us, or you can hardly fathom the idea of getting a tooth worked on, IV sedation may be for you.
Pros & Cons
- IV sedation happens quickly. The drugs given can be tailored to a patients needs.
- Highly reliable & highly effective
- The gag reflex is virtually taken away
- Medications aren’t immediately out of the system, therefore you need a driver
- IV is the most expensive of the Sedation levels
Is IV Sedation Safe?
Yes! The White Wolf Dental team are very skilled and trained when it comes to sedation. They have all received hours of continuing education to become experts. White Wolf Dental staff are all certified in Advanced CPR & are trained on safety & emergencies in the office. With the Nurse Anesthetist on board as well, you should feel completely safe in this setting.